Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Hawaiian Noble House Food Truck Review

As I mentioned in the Kamayan review, Wichita has a burgeoning food truck business.  One of the other peculiar cuisines to make it to us is the Noble House Hawaiian truck. After a rainout for softball, my wife and I decided to try it out.  I was determined to try the Poke, a dish that the truck is well known for (as well as Hawaii in general).  Poke is a raw fish dish, where the fish is cured by citrus or vinegar and is irresistibly tasty.  I had to get it, because my wife is not a fan of Ahi Tuna dishes, so I never get to try them at home or as appetizers when we're out.  We had several friends raving about the physical location they have, with what a good value and tasty meal it was. 

We ordered our food, and it came out rather quickly.  Just one guy was in the truck but he was efficient.  My wife got the Huli Huli Chicken.  We were both a little disappointed by the portion size for the cost of the meal.  While I wasn't expecting a massive pile of tuna, I was expecting more than the small styrofoam container that also had a layer of rice in it.  The chick was also a bit dry my wife complained, until she got down to the bottom where there was a big puddle of the sauce.  I was much more pleased with my Poke.  The tuna was melt in your mouth tender, and the sesame cure was light and pleasing.  My one downside was that there were a lot of onions in it.  Not a bad thing typically, but that several large pieces had obviously not sat in the cure long enough.  This meant several bites were interrupted by a jarring onion bite.

The Poke was good.  Maybe fewer onions next time


All in all, this was not the best first impression. A number of factors could be involved, and I'd be willing to give it another go.  I'm also in the mood to try their brick and mortar location, since its nearby our home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment