Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Opening Salvo

I tried hard to come up with a catchy introduction for this place.  Some way to get it off to a proper start.  But every one that I tried just ended up sounding as goofy.   So instead I'm just going to start writing, and hope that I can catch a better rhythm as time goes on.

This blog is going to focus on the intersection of my two biggest interests, sports and math.  I've always been a sports fan, and I've always been good at math.  I didn't really start putting the two together though until my junior year at CU.  That's when I started with SABER stuff to try and do better in my fantasy baseball league.  By the next year I had started writing my own programs for predicting basketball spreads and doing small studies on the effects of rebounding on offenses.  Its grown and continued to get into football, and a little dabbling in hockey and baseball.  So, this is going to be my repository for my studies, findings, and a place to post results of random coding outings. 

Its also going to be a spot though for me to talk about my other passions, namely food and books, as well as anything else that really catches my fancy. 

So stick around, and hopefully you'll enjoy what I post.


No comments:

Post a Comment